Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August Favorites

Since I've been gone for a while (& it is the end of the month), I decided its the perfect time to do my monthly favorites. I'll just go ahead and get started.


First off, its the MUFE HD Invisible Cover Foundation.
I've heard tons and tons about this product for quite sometime (especially from meganheartsmakeup) and it has easily become my holy grail foundation. It beats NARS Sheer Glow for me (which I never thought was possible)! I feel like I have never gotten such a flawless coverage. Its so natural looking, and feels nice on the skin. Oh, and it looks great in pictures too. I like to pair it with my next favorite which is...

MUFE
HD Microperfecting Primer in 0.
This primer works so well. Its perfect for my skin which is very dry, but gets oily with makeup. I'd say it has a matte finish, but leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturized unlike other matte primers I've tried. My makeup lasts for a long time, and I feel like it provides a better finish in the end.

Next off is my favorite eye-shadow palette at the moment - Too Faced Eye Love.
I got this as a point perk from Sephora a month or two ago. It features two eye shadows from each of their four best-selling kits (Natural Eye, Smoky Eye, Naked Eye, Romantic Eye). It Features Heaven (1), Silver Spoon (2), Satin Sheets (3) and Honeymoon (4) as the lighter colors and Push-Up (5), Smolder (6), Like A Virgin (7) and Ever After (8) as the dark colors. Right now, my everyday eye is Satin Sheets all over the lid, and Ever after in the crease. All of these shadows are wearable everyday and they are simply stunning.



* The swatches picture was taken with my phone. Sorry for the quality.

Your Best Friend Brow Pencil in Universal Taupe.
I received this sample in a monthly BirchBox. I never liked using pencils to fill in my brows because I never thought they looked real - but this shade is so amazing, and I like the way it has a brow brush on the end of the pencil. I love this product, and I will never go back to using shadow on my brows!

Lastly, I love Rosebud Perfume Co's Minted Rose Lip Balm.
There not much to say about this other than it feels great and smells great on my lips. There is plenty of product in the tin, and the other shades are just as wonderful.

Can't wait for next months favorites!

1 comment: